The causes and effects of climate change and other environmental issues also often exacerbate inequitable social conditions.
Embedding diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) into daily interactions will help address sustainability challenges.
Here are actions you can take:
- Familiarize yourself with the UC Davis Principles of Community.
- Sign up for the For Your Information Newsletter for news and updates from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
UC Davis Campus:
- Learn about diversity and inclusion resources on the UC Davis campus to improve your understanding and awareness.
- Incorporate the UC Davis Land Acknowledgement Statement into events, publications and websites. This statement is NOT appropriate to use at UC Davis Health, UC Davis-Bodega Marine Laboratory or other locations not on the Davis campus. Such locations generally were not the traditional home of Patwin people.
- Take a moment to learn more about the Patwin tribes who have stewarded the land UC Davis sits on for many years:
- Sign up for diversity, equity and inclusion related educational opportunities on the UC Davis campus
UC Davis Health Campus:
- Learn about diversity and inclusion resources on the UC Davis Health campus to improve your understanding and awareness.
- UC Davis Health campus members can incorporate the land acknowledgment statement developed by the Sacramento Native American Health Center into events, publications and websites.
- Sign up for diversity, equity and inclusion related educational opportunities on the UC Davis Health campus