UC Davis Natural Reserves administers six natural reserves.
These reserves represent a wide variety of habitats in close proximity to the campus and include:
- Bodega Marine Reserve
- Jepson Prairie Reserve
- Donald and Sylvia McLaughlin Reserve
- Quail Ridge Reserve
- Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve
- Lassen Field Station
UC Davis Natural Reserves is a unit of the John Muir Institute of the Environment. It is part of the University of California Natural Reserve System, which maintains 39 relatively undisturbed samples of California’s natural ecosystems.
The primary purpose of each station is academic research. They are open to UC students, teachers, and researchers and are also available to qualified users from other institutions of higher education.
The following reserves offer public access or programs:
- Jepson Prairie docents conduct wildflower and natural history tours each spring.
- Stebbins Cold Canyon welcomes public visitors to use the trail network that crosses the reserve.
- Lassen Field Station, a new partnership between Lassen Volcanic National Park and the Natural Reserve System, is located in Lassen Volcanic National Park.